In-Person Training – Abuja (TBC)
This 2-day EBII certification programme on sanctions delivered virtually is your chance to gain experience and knowledge from leading experts and practitioners on sanctions, why managing sanctions risks is essential, and what happens if you or your institution do not manage them. The training is structured as follows:
- Understanding Sanctions
- Current Sanctions Regulations
- Evolving Scope of Sanctions
- Sector-Based Sanctions
- Country Specific Sanctions
- Identifying Higher Risk Jurisdictions and Activities
- Transparency, Control, and Ownership
- Identifying Potential Secondary Sanctions
- Circumvention And Other Financial Crime Enforcement Risks
- Sanctions Measures Relevant to Trade Finance – Part 1 – EU and UK asset freezes
- Sanctions Measures Relevant to Trade Finance – Part 2 – EU and UK further prohibitions
- Extraterritorial Application and Relevant Sanctions Regimes
- Types of US Sanctions Affecting Non-US Banks
- Enforcement Activity in the UK – Case Studies
- Recent OFAC Enforcement Cases
- USA – Types of Violations Featured in Recent OFAC Enforcement Cases
- The Obligations Of The Bank’s Senior Management and Their Responsibility In Protecting The Bank’s Reputation
- Appropriate Sanctions Controls Framework
- Sanctions Compliance Overview
As a participant you will be able to:
Gain experience and knowledge from leading experts and practitioners on sanctions, why managing sanctions risks is essential and what happens if you or your institution do not manage them.
The course is designed for those who are working in multiple industry sectors including international trade, transport, pharmaceuticals, maritime, software, oil and gas and financial services and Regulatory bodies.
Participants of this training typically include:
- Heads of Sanctions
- Sanctions Managers and Sanctions Team Leaders
- Money Laundering Reporting Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Financial Crime Managers and Risk Managers
- It is designed and written by experienced EBII Group AML professionals.
- Workshops and materials are designed for working professionals.
- Role-play in a safe environment to build confidence in new behaviours, develop creative problem-solving and share relevant experience
- Successful participants achieving assessment scores exceeding 75% will receive EBII Group certification.
- All participants will receive certificates of attendance.
Format, Delivery and Assessment
This certification training is being delivered in person across two days.
Enrolment in this training workshop with full payment of fees will include:
- access to workshops;
- soft copy pdf course materials;
- a certification assessment on the last day;
- One further to resit the assessment to achieve a certificate of certification.
The course is assessed through a 45-minute online test comprising 30 multiple-choice questions on the last day of the training workshop.