EBII Group is looking for high caliber individuals at a senior level who have the expertise and ability to manage and deliver on financial crime projects successfully, providing insight and expertise as well as guidance to relevant projects.
Manages the delivery against the prioritised learning needs for our new and existing clients, new and existing colleagues as identified by clients, Annual Training Plan, on time and within given budget:
- Responsible for drafting and implementing all inhouse financial crime compliance policies.
- Develop and deliver training programmes to our clients in the following areas: corporate governance, conduct, culture, due diligence, anti money laundering, sanctions, terrorist financing, fraud, bribery and corruption.
- Manage teams working on projects as well as being the first point of contact for the client, ensuring projects are run effectively and within budget.
- Responsible for ensuring smooth delivery of multiple learning initiatives/projects of differing scale across multiple clients.
- Provides financial crime SME technical expertise in the design and delivery of AFC Training solutions to financial institutions, regulators, central banks and relevant businesses across Africa.
- Manages & conducts AFC post training evaluation analysis to ensure delivery remains consistent, relevant, evidencable and impactful.
- Keeps up to date with changes in regulation and legislation.
- Preparation of presentation, pitch decks and/or tender response documentation.
- Successfully able to negotiate contracts.
- Ensure effective management of identified client risks and issues are escalated to necessary stakeholders as required.
- Identify and manage client scope changes rapidly escalating issues to ensure prompt resolution.
- A university degree with a background in economics, business, or other relevant areas.
- Relevant professional qualification (such as ICA/ ACAMs or equivalent).
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in the financial services industry, multi-national banks, consultancy firm or regulatory bodies.
- Strong Financial Crime subject matter expertise across Retail and Corporate Banking with a deep understanding of the associated products, sectors, industries and African market.
- Relevant academic qualification (such as ICA/ ACAMs or equivalent).
- Project Management qualifications or equivalent job-related experience.
- Solid business and L&D acumen, including strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Ideally proven experience of AFC training and learning & education within Financial Services.
- Expertise in financial crime investigations and compliance covering AML, fraud, anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions. Specifically developing/enhancing financial crime frameworks, undertaking risk assessments and drafting policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of the UK regulatory and Africa’s regulatory environment.
- Ideal candidate should be a self-starter and aggressive achiever who is able to work under pressure and meet targets.
- Ability to work in a team and deliver objectives.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mindset with excellent organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- A willingness to travel if required.